And for those of you in Utah, yes, you can bray and guffaw all you like, because school WAS canceled for this "storm". Which would have been lovely (I truly LOVE when it's canceled for snow!), except that Natalie was sick so she wasn't able to enjoy the fun....poor girl!
Sometimes when we're lucky we're able to see deer eating the neighbors' trees across the street.
This weekend Tim spent a good share of Friday night and the entire Saturday working on finishing our basement. He's done the entire thing mostly by himself and is doing such a good job- he's learned so much from his talented dad. I consider myself very lucky to have such a handy husband. But when I say "by himself" I mean we haven't contracted anything other than enlarging our windows. Not that he didn't try to do it himself, but after 8 hours of very little progress, he made the executive decision that it was worth it to pay someone else to do it! Also, we've been lucky to have friends and family help: his dad helped us with wiring and setting the bathtub, which was not easy; my dad came and helped with the tedious work of hanging sheet rock and framing; and his friend, Joe, from work, who helped haul rock, frame, and tried to cut the windows!)
But here are some recent pics (Saturday he spent all day sanding, so my picture isn't blurry, there was just a perma-cloud of dust in our basement that is still lingering....)
anyway-that's been our week in a nutshell...good times :)
p.s.- I went to a gardening class at church on Wednesday, but I'll post about that later.






4 comments:
I love the mini snowman . . . I don't think I would have noticed it was there if you hadn't pointed it out. Your house is also looking great - it sure looks like a ton of work.
It was a pathetic excuse for a snow day, but hey, if it gets you out of school....that's all that counts! Your basement is looking awesome -- can't wait for ladies movie night!
What a handy man! I'm excited for all of your renovations! :) And, it's like I said on Linda's blog, Wes thought it was hilarious about the snow day coming from Utah where they NEVER get one. You know what I mean :)
I always think school should be cancelled when it snows even a little bit. Then I can keep my kids home to do my chores.
Awesome snowman - I wouldn't have seen him either if you hadn't mentioned him.
Post a Comment