Monday, February 18, 2008

So....

*we found out we're having a GIRL! 18.5 weeks to go....and counting :) When we told the kids, we had the ultrasound picture in an envelope telling the sex of the baby. So before we opened it, Natalie starts chanting, "It's gonna be a girl! Girls are going to win! It's going to be a girl!" etc., etc. And Dallin just sat there looking at her with a bewildered expression on his face, like, "hey...EXCUSE me..." So when we opened the envelope and they found out it was a girl, Natalie started cheering. I looked over at Dallin and his lip started sticking out and his eyes welled up with tears :*( I thought it was because he wasn't getting a brother, but he just didn't like to "lose". So I told him he got to be THE brother in the house and that he'll be in charge of protecting the girls and taking care of them. And I also mentioned that he wouldn't really have to share toys (as much) or clothes. I'm not sure which idea appealed to him more, but he was grinning and happy in about 20 seconds, so I hope all will be well.

*for 1 week straight we've been dealing with a stomach bug between Dallin and I. If I hated laundry before, I positively loathe it now!

*they say a picture is worth a thousand words....let's see if that holds true....
Any questions?

Ahhh....good times!

9 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Congratulations!!! It is always an exciting day when you find out the gender. It helps you plan and imagine what is to come. Sorry Dallin's reaction was so sad. Aidan did almost the same thing. It is a little heart breaking but it does make their role as brother all the more important.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Laura Jansson said...

I guess the mother's intuition was right! Yay for girls! I'm sure Dallin is, and will always be an awesome brother for all of those girls. I had all sisters, and I always wanted a brother. Those girls are lucky! Congrats!

Jamie and Darla said...

Okay, I love what you have done with your carpet! J/K! Luke took perm marker to my floors a few months after we moved in. I love kids, they keep us busy!

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

I am sure that that was not the new carpet color you had in mind.!? I have a Bissel (Carpet Cleaner) if you want to use it.
I can see Natalie "girl" expression now... too cute!
Rhonda

Tadd & Linda said...

Who did the chocolate sauce? So sad. I'm happy ya'll are having a girl though. Girls rock -- we love 'em at our house!

mamasuisse said...

Congratulations. You're doing your family in reverse! Good job helping Dallin find the silver lining.

I do have some questions regarding the chocolate syrup: Did you laugh or cry? And did it come out?

Ashly said...

Linda- the little girl with chocolate all over her face and a grin the size of Kentucky was the culprit--

Susan- after the shock, I thought to myself...get your camera because someday this will be hilarious. But it took a while for it to be funny---lol...it came out after numerous oxy-clean treatments, using the steam vac a few times and having Dallin scrubbing a lot. (he was the one who got it out of the fridge and Madison wasn't strong enough to scrub as hard as necessary and I had to punish someone, so he was the lucky one.) yikes.

Tadd & Linda said...

K- when I opened the page again just now I laughed because I realized what a dork I am. Hello...

Garity said...

Congrats! I keep thinking *pink* too but I'm not having any luck with it...Some girls have all the luck! Oh well, I'm out numbered...tell Dallin I feel his pain, but you are right...I won't be having any daughters stealing my clothes!
-Garity