My grandmother came to visit from Missouri this weekend. It was so fun getting to see her.
While she was here we went on a few little adventures-- Dallin, Madison and I took her to Lynn's Paradise Cafe--
a quirky little restaurant in Louisville with what they refer to as "gourmet diner" food...I took my camera so you could see the decorated trees they have in the middle of the restaurant and the pairs of legs with funky pants that are hanging out of the wall. But I left the battery at home in the charger...so here's the link and you may be able to see some of the fun decorations and the yummy menu...
http://www.lynnsparadisecafe.com/
When Sammie was teaching dance in Joplin (she taught dance for over 40 years) she had a student named Shannon who she has kept in contact with over the years. Shannon now owns the Frankfort School of Ballet and asked Sammie if she would come teach a "Masters Class". So Natalie and I went with her to watch. I was so proud of her- she is still so strong, elegant, and graceful and was so skilled in how she was teaching the girls. It just seemed so natural for her. They ended up staying about 1/2 an hour extra to learn from Sammie. Shannon was so sweet and let Natalie participate in a tap class she was teaching. Natty may be getting the bug to dance again, except she wants to go to Ms. Shannon's school. If only it were a bit closer...!
sammie at the barre-
sorry for the poor lighting- her studio is beautiful, but it was dark outside and the inside lighting was not fun!
Anyway- that was our past couple of days! And it's Madison's birthday today, so I may actually do 2 posts in 1 day which means I'm good for another month.
5 years ago






6 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the latest post, girly!!! Thank you for letting us peek into your amazing life! I love that Sammie is so beautiful and graceful. I'm deadly jealous! Thanks again and give Ms. Lulu a big fat hug n' kiss from us for her birthday
She's amazing! I'm glad you were able to go. Sorry I couldn't babysit!
You changed your layout again -- I like it! Your Sammie (won't refer to her as grandma) is so beautiful. I think if I looked that good at her age I wouldn't let anyone call me grandma either! Great pics. I bet you guys had a fun time.
I am so glad you found me! It has been so long!! Where are you guys living now? If you ever find yourselves on a trip to Nauvoo, you have to look us up. We are about a 1/2 hour east of there. We are all doing well and pluggin' away at this thing called life. Aiden is growing and growing and it now in primary. I can still remember Dallin's first day of primary. WOW! I feel old.
So you have another one on the way. How fun for you guys! Still just one for us but we will see what the future holds. Keep in touch!
I loved seeing sammie dancing again, thanks for posting that video. Also, if you want I can just deliver your baby for you if you come to the reunion. J/K
Hi! this is your cousin brads, wife. I'm so glad you found our site! I can't believe how big your kids are , they are beautiful. We hope to see you all at the farm. It will be so fun. Watching Sammie dance and teach a class is so AMAZING! I love that you got such a great chance to see that. See you soon.
Post a Comment