Thursday, May 1, 2008

I (re)learned a few things at Walmart today....

#1-There's a reason I don't shop for clothes at Walmart.
#2- Pregnant women do not go to church. (Zero dresses or skirts on any of the 2 maternity racks they have)
#3-Pregnant women want to dress like three year olds in shirts like this (except theirs was hot pink): seriously? ....."what's kickin'?" SERIOUSLY??!!
#4) There is a REALLY good reason I don't shop at Walmart for clothes.
So why was I looking for clothes at Walmart? Well, I'm sick of my 1 skirt that still miraculously fits my obscenely huge belly and I still have at least 6 weeks of church left. But with *only* 6 weeks, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on church clothes that will be given away in about 3 months. So I looked in Walmart's "maternity" department, and the rest is history.

On a positive note, I think I've got my to-do-before-baby-gets-here list compiled and there are only 18 items. One of which is getting all my freezer meals together. I did that with Dallin and Madison (my mom came out and helped with much of it) and it was a life-saver for the first couple of months. This time, I'm flying solo; so when I start having a hissy-fit because it will cost quite a lot up-front and take several days to finish, I remind myself of how nice it is to not have to cook for a while after baby and then my blood pressure returns to normal.

4 comments:

Tadd & Linda said...

I guess with teen pregnancies up they need to appeal to everyone. :) You're so picky! I wish I would have done the whole pre-birth meals. That's brilliant! Kate on Jon & Kate plus 8 did that, and I'd never thought of it - how nice that will be! Let me know if I can help you with anything on your list!

mamasuisse said...

Walmart sucks (refer to my Walmart post from a few months ago).

I love the pre-birth freezer meals. Some that you can get done in about an hour . . . chili, taco meat, and spaghetti sauce - just brown the meat and dump in the sauces / spices.

Katy said...

what are you talking about- my Tweety Bird t-shirt from wal-mart is in the "top 5 things i wear day in and day out" pile-- and if i don't say so myself... the oversized, neon yellow shirt looks SLAMMIN' on me... really makes me look classy.

i can't wait to see you guys in about 6 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loves

mid said...

https://www.santidewi.com/2018/06/langkah-langkah-untuk-menjadikan-kta.html