I love this picture of my Mom with my kids because this captures how she really is! Whenever I hear women saying things like, "Oy, I'm turning into my mother", like it's a bad thing, I have to roll my eyes. Because in my head, I always tell myself, "Oy, I *hope* I turn into my mother". Here are some of my favorite memories or things I admire about her--From childhood, I remember: her making every birthday and holiday special (even St. Patrick's Day!), coming home to homemade cookies after school, finding an "elf" had cleaned my room spotless for me, her taking us to the park or the pool often, a fun scavenger hunt set up at the mall for my 16th birthday, trips to the farm, camping or grandma's house. Mom has a way of not sweating the small stuff- she's laid back, easy going, but strong in her convictions. When she's sick, you'd still never know it because she's almost always positive and optimistic. I love that she has a "cooking show" with my kids. (Her screen name is Moonblossom, Natty is Crystal, Dallin is Jack-La-Loo-La, Madison is Mary Loo-Baby Boo). She's taught me to enjoy the good things in the world, to simplify, to look for the good in bad situations, and to live the gospel as best you can without judging others who don't believe or do as you do. I love seeing her scriptures marked up and the pages worn because I know she's made reading the scriptures a priority; and I always knew if I called her name and got a "Shhhh" for a response, 95% of the time it was because she was in the middle of a prayer. This doesn't even touch the ways that she has influenced me for good, but it's a start. Mom, I'm so grateful for all that you've done for me, the boys, Tim and our kids. I love you. Happy Mother's Day! (By the way, since no one else has blogged about you, I guess that makes me the favorite again. It was only a matter of time.)
I love this pic of Tim's mom, because #1, it's one of the few I have and #2, it shows how much she loves her grandchildren. Apparently I'm a minority in that I'm one of those girls who genuinely loves her mother-in-law...I have to go mute when friends complain about their in-laws because I just can't relate. Obviously I don't have 33 years worth of memories yet, but in the past 12 years, some of the things I've admired about her are her honesty, her devotion to her children and grand-children, and her willingness to help others around her, among many other things. I love how supportive she is of Tim and I as we live across the country. She is so patient when I call her a million times with medical questions about any one of the kids. I love going back to Vernal and having it feel like home when we walk in her house, not like we're just visitors. She's always thinking of fun things for the kids to do, or fun things to send the kids for their birthdays and holidays. I'm so grateful she and Tim's Dad have been able to be at each of our kids' blessings and at Natty's baptism. I consider myself so lucky to have married into Tim's family and to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! I love you. Happy Mother's Day!
5 years ago






9 comments:
I love your mom! She's always so happy - and you've got to love her Roark laugh.
Great great great entry, Ashly. You have a way of wording things that hit it just right. I found myself nodding to so many of the things you said. Mom is super amazing and I loved the tribute- from an "outside" perspective, I'd say she ACED the MOM JOB and it's evident in the kids she's raised. I'm so thankful to have a mother-in-law that I, too, genuinely love.
Don't we all just love Betsy, she is a wonderful and FUN aunt!
I know what you mean about not relating to those who complain about their MILs. I couldn't have asked for a better MIL myself and it's the best knowing they love you as one of their daughters! I loved the pic of your mom! Good grief, it doesn't even look like she's aged one bit!
Forgot to ask...does Rick (or his wife) blog? I still need to e-mail him and say 'Hi'! I stink since I haven't done that yet!
I hope I turn into your mother, too - my favorite thing about her is her laugh.
Very cute, I LOVE your mom too!
Happy Mother's Day Bets & Ash! I don't know you so much as a mother yet, STILL, but I know Betsy is definitely all you've said. And I'm SURE you're filling her shoes quite perfectly.
My mom hooked me up with your blog & I'm so excited to be able to keep better tabs on you guys now. I didn't even realize you had another one coming so soon. But you need more family pictures! I want to see all the little guys more.
https://www.goriau.com/berita/baca/5-keuntungan-penggunaan-kartu-kredit.html
Post a Comment