Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's Resolution.....

To sleep from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. with NO interruptions. I am grateful for my children. I love my children. I know how lucky I am. But I also want sleep. I figure after a solid year (literally) of not sleeping through the night, I'm due. Unfortunately, as mentioned in countless other posts, The Little One (and no, her bow is NOT big enough): is not on the same page. I've been *trying* to sleep train. I've tried:
and this:
and this:and this:


and this:

and this:
But I'm afraid what it's going to come down to is this:




wish me luck. And I am done whinning about lack of sleep, starting right......NOW.

And for your entertainment, the other day, Dallin came running frantically into the house, into the kitchen, grabbed scissors, and started to run back out. I yelled after him- "don't run with scissors!! And what are you doing with scissors?!" He looked back at me, saying, "Lou's head is stuck and Natalie needs scissors!", and slammed the door behind him. So, prepared blogger that I am, I grab my camera and go outside to see this:
I was able to keep Natty from cutting our goal threads, and after I stopped laughing, was able to get lou-lou's head out of one of the little holes. After "eventful" days with this fun-loving, curious little girl, this shouldn't surprise me, but I had to wonder, "WHAT was she doing??!" Good times :)

12 comments:

Katy said...

hahahahaha!!!! i'm seriously doubled over laughing right now-- no joke, I'm literally "l.o.l." oh man, this was a fabulously hilarious post... i totally need to steal some inspiration from you!

ok, love the dress (that was Ava's exact same "first Christmas" dress)!

as for any helpful hints about keeping your resolution: ipod, enya, LOUD, very very loud... good luck, sister.

and LouLou.... oh Lou! That's the funniest thing i've heard in like 3 months! I love love love that you grabbed the camera... you are a true blogger at heart

Garity said...

Brilliant briliant brilliant! (trying not to laugh...being pregnant and prone to wetting myself kills the mood) Best of luck with the night sleeping, my fingers are crossed for you! I have yet to have one who sleeps through the night until they are at least 2...my curse for having otherwise easy children.

I can't believe you grabbed your camera! That is the best ever! I need to remember to at least have the camera within easy access to capture moments like this. What was Lou like? Was she upset or just "hanging" out?

angie said...

That is a great shot with scissors and all! Good luck on the sleep thing. I have done the crying thing, which is not fun at all, but it worked for me :)

Jessie said...

Too Funny!! I love that they were just gonna take care of the situation themselves. "no need to bother mom, we got it!" Aiden would have ran in whinning about it.
Good luck with the sleeping! I am one of those annoying moms who had a perfect sleeper. 3 days after getting home she was sleeping 8 hours regularly. Everyone says to count my blessings now because I will be in for it if I have another. Haha, keep us posted!!

D'ann said...

Oh, Thank you!! I needed a laugh! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun! I feel for you on the sleep; my babies were all pretty good sleepers,... but on the nights they weren't, i was just miserable!

mamasuisse said...

Hilarious! You might consider going after J&J for their false advertising. Aromatherapy, my patushky.

Lou Lou looks pretty chill with the whole situation, at least that's the impression I get from the slight glimpse of her face I can see through her hair.

Aaron, Anita, Leah, Owen, Liam, and little girl Smits said...

You can still try out babywise if you want. That is what I have done with Leah since day one and she slept through the night at 8 weeks. She sleeps from 7:30-8:00am straight along with two naps a day. You can start it at anytime so you could start tomorrow if you wanted. It's just getting them on a schedule and helping them learn how to sleep. It takes like 3 days for a habit to develop so you could try it out and see if anything helps so you could get some more rest. And if you had any questions you can always ask:) Hope you can get things figured out!

Aaron, Anita, Leah, Owen, Liam, and little girl Smits said...

Sorry the babywise is a book... you can get it on amazon if you want and it's also a series so it talks about potty training and so on. It's really a great series and I plan on doing it with every one of our kids.

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Never a dull moment over there right?

And girl, you just let her cry. She will figure it out and you will be a restful mommy.

Leese said...

I'm right there with ya on the resolution! If one boy sleeps, the other is sure to get up! I'm trying to let the little one cry (you'd think that by 17months he'd be a solid sleeper!). I keep all the doors shut so I just don't hear him. And when my 4 year old gets up...he's on his own. I don;t even open my eyes - just let him get what he needs, play or whatever... as long as I don't have to get up! Good Luck!

Karie said...

I always know I'm in for a laugh when I check your blog!! I love how you put things into words.

I wish I had some sleep advice for you. The sleep lady did the trick for Jaden, more than once. I'm sure you know more than me anyway. Hang in there, I did that blasted paper route for over a year, being sleep deprived is NOT good!

I'm so glad LouLou has a big brother and sister to rescue her from trouble!! :o)

Tadd & Linda said...

That was seriously the funniest post. Let her cry it out. You can make it up to her the next day when your rested and not sick of her. :) You'll need your sleep - you've got years of guilt to exhaust you!