Thursday, June 11, 2009

summer is here......

But this week, the weather has been more Spring-like, with storm fronts like this moving in and out. This was off our back deck this afternoon and while we didn't have any tornadoes, there were watches and warnings all around us. I have this love-hate relationships with twisters...I'd *love* to see one up close, but not actually have it anywhere nearby. Figure that one out.

The kiddos are on summer break officially... I adopted another blogger's summertime strategy of laying some ground rules... ie: no friends until after 11- until then, we get our "stuff" done...jobs, school work, breakfast, etc. So far, so good.

The other day they had been getting along, but the rain was keeping them indoors and for some reason, they like to gravitate towards my room when they're bored. (Okay- that "some reason" happens to be a large TV). So after the 3rd episode of Tom and Jerry, I told them to go find something to do, Or Else....
So they did:

It's their mascot. I can't remember what they named him. her? it?


Dallin with his teacher Ms. C-
And Ms. C's assistant Mrs. S.

Natty and Mrs. V.


Since children, getting to take in cultural events is a rare treat, but a good friend and I were able to go see The Alvin Ailey Dance Theater when they were touring in Louisville. They said not to take pictures in the auditorium. But we did. Of ourselves. We figured that didn't count. Yep. Rebels.


And about the show: AWESOME. Period. Here's a brief glimpse from a past performance:
I'd go see that show again and again. Loved. It.

4 comments:

angie said...

Awesome dance show! So, do you watch "So You Think You Can Dance"? It is my favorite summer show. We have had rain all week also, and my kids are going stir crazy...so am I. Today is actually a sunny day! YEAH!

Katy said...

fist of all: I LOVE your music list... I'll put it on and do my bloggin or clean my kitchen while listening (especially loving that Bleeding Hearts (?) one!!!!)

and secondly: I LOVE Alvin Ailey... I always wanted to be a beautiful, tall, black, graceful dancer..... dang, I'm Zero for Five of those things.

and lastly: Love your kids... love my nieces and nephew. LOVE their BIG FAT imaginations!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!


can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

Karie said...

Your kids always crack me up! VERY creative!! You're lying when you say they get into mischief, they are always very well behaved when I'm around.

BTW- did you know that Katy is friends with one of my friends here? I've seen her comment on both of your blogs. Small world.

Denae said...

It was great to see you cute guys!! Hope you're having a great time at Sammys!
And midwest Summer thunderstorms are the best! Although twisters are a little scary. I'm pretty sure I don't want to see one up close. Sorry.