So apparently my kids weren't the only ones taking a summer vacation- I realized my last post was after school let out...and to be honest, it's a bit difficult getting back into the blogging swing of things... So after looking through 2 months worth of photos, I've decided it wasn't worth the hiatus.
Here are the top things I've learned this summer:
(1) My favorite little boy is this one:
Especially when he comes in from the backyard and gives me these:
And especially, especially when he does a formal bow and then gets down on one knee to hand them to me.... be still, my heart...
(2) 4 days is not long enough to spend here:

eating these:
listening to this:
and seeing her:
(3) 10 days is not long enough to spend with these people:


especially when it took 24 hours driving in a minivan with 4 kids (+ a Beboo and an Audi to help out...THANK YOU!) But it was worth every second, cent, potty break, and meltdown....and we'd do it all over again next week if we could. So...can we, Pat?
(4) I think I could live here:

with them:

and be perfectly content- especially when my brother Rico makes delicious salmon for us to eat.
(5) When you start to look like the wrong end of a dog, it's time for a drastic haircut. 'Nuff said.
(6) It's kind of sad when your Last turns 1:

(7) I still need magic erasers in my life:
(8) Summer vacation isn't nearly long enough. Do-over, please?
5 years ago






11 comments:
my goodness, this was a PERFECT summer recap!!! I got all misty-eyed more times than i'd like to admit... i know I'm a wussninnycrybabypansyface. But really,
1) Dallin... oh MY heart... please, clone him and i'll take one!
2)the FARM. listening to the video... i could almost SMELL the place. And Sammie, she's lookin' GOOOOD!
3) Great Vernal pics
4) We'd live by you guys in a heartbeat... a HEART. BEAT.
5) Brooklyn? ONE? NOOOOO!!!!!
6) Miss you guys... a ton.
It was good to get a chance to see you when you were here! Looks like you had a PERFECT summer!
I'm glad that you had a great summer! I personally am ready for summer to be over, I think that I will enjoy next summer a little better. Thanks again for your help with my kids, you really are a life savor!!
Love the recap. I am finding it hard to keep up on all the happenings as well! Back to school!
Looks like a great summer. I felt like you guys were gone forever! I can't believe summer is gone. It's bittersweet. I love the routine but miss the fun.
CUTE!
Love your posts. They are always fun to read. You are talented. I will stalk you more later this week so post away!
Can i have a do-over, too? It goes too fast.
What a cute post. Summer goes faster every year. =( Yardie and I were talking about you guys last night. She was saying how much she loved Natalie. We miss you guys and hope all is well. I haven't been blogging because our desktop is down and I'm operating off the laptop, which I hate. Keep blogging - I love to see what's up.
You spent the summer creating memories in the heart that will last. The routine of a new school year brings its own comfort. Love you.
Great pictures Ash! I've been a blog slacker as well and am finally catching up with everyone.
Post a Comment