So, when I blogged about our summer trip to Utah, even though I didn't tell about ALL we did (I'm sure because there was so much to tell, it would have crashed a server somewhere), I thought for sure I'd at least gotten pictures of everyone...Turns out, I *didn't*. Not only that, but I neglected to show one of my favorite people in the world: my niece Brinley! So...this post is dedicated to one of the cutest, sweetest, smartest, funnest girls west of the Mississippi...
Now...in my defense, probably part of the reason I didn't post a pic, was because I only had 4 pictures of her; and part of the reason I only had 4 pictures of her was because I didn't see her much on the trip; and part of the reason I didn't see her much on the trip was because from the second we arrived, THESE TWO were joined at the hip the *entire* time:
Two peas in a pod, I tell you! None of that "we-haven't-seen-each-other-in-over-a-year-let's-be-shy" stuff... just how it should be with cousins...
Brin comes from a whole family of good-lookin' people: Brin- if your mother comes after me for posting a picture of her without permission, I'm holding you responsible ;) And I am sorry, but that little Marissa (Rissy) is a doll--love the posing...work it, girl...
These girls played NON-stop. I'm not sure exactly what they were doing the whole time, but I'm pretty sure some of it included talking about boys...probably about how gross they are and how they don't even think they're cute AT ALL...and about how they're not even *thinking* about having a boyfriend until they're *at least* 21...but I'm just guessing.
I did get to take these three to this fantastic museum in Vernal. I'd seen it a thousand times, but honestly, from the outside it just doesn't look like much, so I'd never gone in. Big mistake. Some of the coolest artifacts and antiques from as early as the 1800s (maybe earlier...can't remember).
They have a scavenger hunt inside where you search for various items throughout the museum...but here was one of my favorite things:
An old apothecary cabinet. You'd think with all of those drugs they would have been able to keep people alive for longer in those days....maybe they were "recreational"?? That said, my lesson learned when touring through a building with fragile, century old displays....leave lou-lou at home with grandma. Need I say more?
My kids are so lucky to have such awesome cousins- and I'm so lucky to have such incredible Neices and nephew (and Ava- that includes you, Little Miss)!
Matt and Nate- I didn't have any pics of you on the post either....but I'm 99.99999999999999999999% sure you couldn't care less...love you anyway :)
5 years ago






3 comments:
sweet! I'd love to have one of those sets! I'd also just love to have a HUGE apothecary cabinet (you know the ones with all the little drawers?) I hear you about the drugs in them, I'm definately thinking some of them did more damage than help.
Too cute! Love that first one of the girls!! I think it's awesome that those two even Skype with each other... how modern and hip kids are these days!
Well, coming from a very VERY reliable source, you're pretty much the coolest Aunt EVER... and she Never lies about things like that! We love ya!
Ashly - I miss ya. You're so funny. Just checkin up on ya to make sure you're not getting into too much trouble. We've been without a computer for while, so I've fallen behind. We all miss ya. Graesie says hi to ya'll too.
Post a Comment