Friday, December 11, 2009

where does the time go??

1) Halloween- these were their costumes. The hair dye/black drawn eyebrows on the fair Bingham children isn't too obvious, is it? ;) And yes, it was warm enough for Brooklyn to be without socks. It has since grown very, very, very cold and now we wear socks.


2) Trip to Great Grandma's house- (Dallin calls her "Great-great-great-great Grandma" or "Grandmawiththepond". Doesn't she look great for someone who should be, by Dallin's account, about 150 years old? He thinks I'm nearing 50, and I look great for 50 as well.


3) This is a project I've been working on (not done, obviously). It was a dollhouse my grandpa made for me when I was little and I'm in the process of redoing it.


4) She likes to manhandle cuddle Her. Her doesn't always appreciate it, but tolerates it most days. I was going to photoshop this pic, and crop it--but the way lou's belly is unapologetically hanging out, just couldn't be done away with. Dang, that looks cute on a 3 year old.


5) Dallin's been playing chess- and took 3rd in his bracket at his first tournament last month- I was proud, but his big sister was even more so....


6)Natty's been singing in the choir at school- and she's really got a beautiful voice (doesn't get it from me). She had her first concert last week and can we just say, it was memorable. (And not in a good way...well- not bad now, but...just read.)

Picture this: I'm sitting on the front row in the chapel of some church/arts center place. Natty's up front with the choir. They sing about 4 songs and then break up for some duets. I look up and see Natalie looking very, very confused. (This is not normal- they had practiced, so she knew what to do). Then she raises her hand for her teacher. Looks around. Starts shaking her head. Sits down on the bleachers (everyone else is still standing), starts talking to herself, shaking her head again. Meanwhile, I'm looking at her like, "?????????" and next thing I know, Natalie completely slumps over. Passes. Out. Faints.
So I run up on stage, start to lift her up and carry her off stage down a tiny flight of stairs that leads down to the changing room. As we're walking- she says, "Mommy, I'm going to puke"... "Ok. Hang on, Natty, hang on." She disobeys, and proceeds to puke into my hands, all down the stairs, etc. Not 2 seconds go by and ANOTHER little girl runs to the stairwell and starts puking everywhere. I sat there just praying that it wouldn't trigger a chain reaction among the choir...
Anyway- she was mortified that night, but by the next morning she was excited to have a "Most Embarrassing Moment" for the rest of her life.

I tried to upload a video of her favorite song, but it wasn't working- have to try again later....

7 comments:

angie said...

That is definitely a good story for the memory books! What cute kids you have, Ashley! I think of you often...you are in my prayers. :)

KarenB said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny! I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time, but it's a good story to look back on! Congratulations to Dallin on his tournament. William loves Chess too. We'll have to get them together to play.
Cute Halloween costumes!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts! You never fail to make me laugh, even at the most dreadful things like a disobedient puker!! Poor Nat. And you look FABULOUS for 50 . . . wow!!

Niki said...

Thanks for the fun post. I love your kids!

Tadd & Linda said...

That is so crazy about Natalie. I'm glad she's alright. Ya know what's weird, I went to a baby shower a couple weekends ago and the same thing happened to a gal that was there. She said "I'm so sorry to interrupt" mumbled a couple other things and then passed out, then woke up to throw up for a sec, then passed out again. We had to call the paramedics and everything.

I'm glad you posted. We miss you guys, and hope you're all doing well. Merry Christmas!

Laura Jansson said...

Wow, craziness! Poor Natty, but what a night to remember! Way to go Dallin on his Chess tournament! You have such great and talented kids :) ... had fun with you and Nathalie, we need to get together again and hopefully more can make it, too! Merry Christmas, Ash!

Katy said...

This post was HILARIOUS!!! why oh WHY did i wait so long to play catch-up!?!! Love those kiddies, they are my favorites!! and all's i can say is that when i'm 50, i'd BETTER look as good as you baby! (that's right, i said BAby)