Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finally....an update......

Due to popular demand (okay, so only 2 people have asked), I'm posting an update after almost 3 weeks... I'm pregnant, people. Give me a break. And yes, I intend to use that excuse for the next 1-3 weeks. After that, I just gave birth, and *that* will be my excuse for the next 10 years. So there.
Anyway- the past 3 weeks have been busy- soccer season for Natty and Dallin finally wrapped up; Dallin cut his own hair and "graduated" from preschool and I've finished the majority of my To Do list before our little girl arrives.
Here are a few pics to entertain; and sorry for the blurry soccer shots. My camera is pathetic (although I'm grateful to own one!)

Also, not to brag, but just to document, I finished my mega-cooking session. It took a solid 5 days, but I have at least a month worth of dinners stored in my freezer, so it was worth it. I made meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, baked spaghetti, lasagna, chicken noodle casserole, Southwestern Chicken roll-ups, chicken pot pie, eggrolls, and chocolate chip cookie dough balls. It's killing me to not use them yet, especially when I get so tired and sore by the end of the day...but I will resist!

About Dallin's haircut- it was very quiet in the house (very abnormal), and when I found him and asked what in the heck he was doing, he was smiling and said he was tired of his hair being in his eyes. After I stopped crying from seeing his cute, long hair trimmed to the scalp, I told him I'd just have to give him a buzz cut to "fix" his hack-job, and THAT is what caused all the tears- he didn't trust my skills as a barber. So I told him Daddy could do it and then he was happy as a clam. Luckily, I didn't take it personally.

Tim won 6 tickets to the Louisville Bats game a couple of weeks ago, so even though it was kind of drizzling before the game, we braved it, took natty out of school for half a day (educational field trip), and took one of dallin's buddies with us. They had a blast and the seats were right along the first baseline, 3 rows up. So we had a great view- It was no St. Louis Cards game, but it was fun all the same!

And as embarrassing as it is, I had to include a recent pic of myself in all my pregnant glory:
Every pregnant gal gets comments from friends, strangers, etc. And for a couple of posts, I'd paste a pic of a whale every time someone commented on the size of my belly. But then I decided my whole blog would end up a series of whales, so I gave up. So here are some of my favorite comments this go around....names have been omitted. And truly, I'm not torqued. I just thought they were pretty funny....


1) Man: Are you pregnant? (he knew I was!- I was 7 months along and it was painfully obvious)
Me: Yep. A little bit.
Man: HOLY smokes!

2) Woman: Girl, we need to get you a four-legged walker to put under your belly!

3) Woman: When are you due?
Me: June 28th.
Woman: WOW. You are HUGE!
Me: Thank you.

Needless to say- that pic explains *why* people would say such things- and Weight Watchers will know me very well in about 6 weeks.... and that's all I have to say about that.

12 comments:

The Murdocks said...

Cute pictures of the kids and of the prego mama. Trust me I am huge when I am pregnant so I know better than to say such lovely comments to pregnant women. Good luck with the pregnancy - do you have a name picked yet?

Katy said...

My favorite was: "What you're STILL PREGNANT???!" I just stare at them... with my grotesquely massive belly bumping up against them with my mean-eyes. "YES. I. AM."

Love the pictures! T and I got a major kick out of Dally's haircut--- whatta character!

You look really pretty, Ash. Really just settled.. happy. I love it.

and great choices of pre-made meals... all our favorite foods!

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

Thank you for not posting "my comment" on your blog... I am still chewing on shoe leather for that one :) Just think, in a few months; you can pay me back!
Love your new blog post!

Jessie said...

I have seen you pregnant with Dallin and Madison in person and from the picture you look just as beautiful as you did before! You just like to make sure she has lots of room to grown and be healthy. I can't believe what a lady Natty is becoming. WOW! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Keeps the updates coming!

Alexis said...

i'm glad you updated, and nice to know about the haircut, I didn't know there was a story behind it, but I like the buzz. And you don't look like a whale, that is just what you are suppose to feel like, we each take our turns feeling like that.

Tadd & Linda said...

So glad you finally updated. The pregnancy excuse is getting a little lame. People are so funny with their pregnancy comments - don't ya just want to deck em! I think you look awesome.

I'm glad to hear you got all your meals done. That's a huge accomplishment - go girl! (do they say that anymore, or did I just reveal how dorky I am?)

Rach said...

I love the pregnancy comments. I mean REALLY, when will people learn to keep their mouth shut! You look great, and I am supreamly jealous of you freezer right now!

see you soon

mamasuisse said...

I've told so many people about the funny things people have said to you - those are hilarious and have given me many moments of enjoyment. But I want to see a picture of your belly in profile for the full effect. I hope you're hanging in there okay.

Garity said...

You look great Ash! I haven't seen a picture of you since high school and you are definately one of those cute pregnant women I hate with a passion.

As for pregnancy comments. I was at Wal-fart (my youngest was 3) and this old woman asked me "oh, honey how far along are you?"....so I said "5 months" she said "don't worry love, you are more than halfway there"....I didn't have the heart to tell her I wasn't pregnant because she was so sweet!

Katy said...

Your new layout is SO CUTE.. I love it!

Anonymous said...

So way to go on getting Melanie into blogging! I had no idea it would happen.
Dallin looks so much like your brothers. Definitely a Wilson baby.
I am flabergasted Ash that you made all the frozen dinners!!! You are amazing. I can't even do that for us when I am not pregnant!
And finally, I had definitely my share of the rude pregnant comments. How are people so clueless??? One guy at the grocery store asked me when I was due (in 2 more months) & said, "wow! You look like you were due yesterday." Dummy.

Unknown said...

Yeah...I had a guy tell me "I do believe you are the biggest pregnant woman I have ever seen."---(His wife had nine kids!---making it that much more insulting). Fortunately, I knew I was HUGE--and laughed it off...it was kinda funny! Hey I want some of those freezer recipes...EVENTUALLY! I know things are crazy now. Hang in there...us short folks prego bellies stick out much more...if only we looked like we did when we were young and stuck out our tummies like we were prego---we were CLUELESS! LOL! Love ya!