Thursday, June 19, 2008

NEWS FLASH to myself...I am NOT in control!!!!

If I didn't know it before, I sure do now! Since the beginning of this pregnancy I've maintained that this little girl would make her appearance between 37 and 38 weeks. (Natty was born at 39, Dallin at 38, Madison at 37; so it made sense). Well, 37 weeks came and went. I was disappointed because I'm just flat-out-tired. But within that week, Madison came down with a nasty stomach bug that lasted a full 5 days. Then I got it. (Luckily it only lasted 1 day for me...I'm still so grateful for that!!!!) So I decided maybe Heavenly Father knew something I didn't and that's why our baby wasn't here yet.

So I thought- well, maybe she'll come at 38 weeks. That's perfect! 38 weeks came and went, but my Dr. asked if I wanted to be induced on the 19th. (today). Of course I said yes!! Well, yesterday morning I was getting ready for the day, and was going to get my labor-pedicure and 30 minutes before I was to leave, Madison tripped, hit her mouth and knocked a chunk off one of her front teeth. So pedicure got rescheduled and we took a trip into the dentist. Luckily they were able to just smooth it down because the nerve wasn't exposed (still so grateful for that, too!!!) Fast forward to the night before our 6 a.m. induction: all the bags are packed, kids are ready for the trip to the farm, we're getting ready for family prayer and I get a phone call from the hospital. All their labor beds are full and they need to postpone the induction until at least 10 a.m. the next morning, possibly later. So of course, I was completely deflated. But after I had a mini-hissy, it occurred to me that the sooner I realize and accept (that's the hard part) that I'm truly NOT in control, but Heavenly Father is, the better off I'll be. It sure takes the stress off :)

Pictures to come someday. My camera's packed in my hospital bag and I'm too lazy to unpack and repack it....

5 comments:

Liz said...

What a mess! I'm sorry you've had to go through that rollercoaster of events. Good luck with the next few days until the baby comes.

Kristin said...

If it's not one thing it's two! Maybe this means labor and delivery will be really smooth...

But good luck and I'm dying to see pictures when the new little one arrives!

Kristin

Katy said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH- that's me freaking out!!!!!!!!!... i'm sooooo beyond excited to meet little Brooklyn!! Congrats and we love you and always always pray for you and your fam- we'll see ya soon!!!!!!!

Laura Jansson said...

Ashly-I am so sorry about the delay! I can't wait to see your sweet little girl...whenever she decides to make her debut! :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there. That has been the one advantage to a C-section...they schedule you go...you have baby on that date..no later. I am sorry you are suffering...hopefully now that you know you are not in control...the Lord will say "okay lesson learned" baby can come now. Of course...you have to keep in mind that he probably does want to keep her for as long as he can..you get her for a LONG time. Just a thought. Loves! By now you could have had her!