Sunday, June 22, 2008

INTRODUCING.......


Brooklyn Ann Bingham. Born 6/19/08 at 3:25 p.m 7lbs 6oz 20 inches


sweet cheeks


l'il mama


lou-lou's a big sister! (laughing her head off!)


with auntie cari


snuggling with daddy

After a short 4 hour labor start to finish, we are so blessed and so happy that she's here safe and sound. For those who care about the birth story- I went in at 10:30 and was hooked up to the pitocin by 11:30- I was able to get an epidural after only a few hard contractions, so I was one content girl. Brooklyn's heart rate kept going lower than it should have, for longer than it should have, so after an hour or so of that, they came in and did an amnio-infusion. (The way they explained it was, when they broke my water, that took away all the cushioning and so her cord was getting compressed. So they basically had to put water back to see if her heart rate would come back up--and it did.) But when Brooklyn came out, the cord was around her neck twice, which explained everything. Gratefully, all was well :)
As a side note, interestingly enough, my cousin's wife , Anita, delivered their baby girl on the same day, within 9 minutes! So they're twins!! sort of.

I'm always amazed with the miracle of birth, but sometimes I think I've taken for granted the fact that we have 4 healthy children and that I've been able to get through deliveries without any serious complications. That said, I know that it's not just coincidence; that it's absolutely a blessing from Heavenly Father, and that it's the direct result of many prayers and priesthood blessings. I just heard that my Grandma literally prayed for 6 hours straight that both babies would get here safely and that the mothers would be protected as well. (Yes, 6 hours. People would call her and she'd say, "I can't talk right now. We've got babies coming", and hang up!) I LOVE that!!

Anyway- we're all doing well and are loving this new addition :)

18 comments:

Aaron, Anita, Leah, Owen, Liam, and little girl Smits said...

Congrats to you and your family on the arrival of your sweet baby girl! We love the name and can't believe that our girls were born on the same day and within minutes of each other:) I'm not sure if you have our blog site or not, but it is www.xanga.com/anedabeada to see pictures of Leah. Congrats again and hope you see you soon.

Unknown said...

SO happy for you...guess my earlier comment was a bit late...oh well! She is SOOO beautiful! Makes me want one...mmmhh...I guess maybe you should call me in the night every time she wakes up to refresh me of reality! LOL! Seriously though--very excited for you all! I can hardly believe you have four! We are all sending our love.

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Welcome Brooklyn! We are so excited you are here. And you are just too cute! Now my baby looks like the big ole fatty.

So cute about your grandma. How adorable is she? I'm glad you are doing well. I am thrilled everything went so well and you are NO LONGER PREGNANT!!!!!YEAH YEAH and YEAH!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!

I hope you come out to Richmond sometime so I can hold her.

:o)
Kristin

Alexis said...

I am so happy that everything went well and that Brooklyn is here, she is adorable. I can't wait to see her. I have had a sore throat for a little while so I am not going to chance anything getting to you, so I will send my love thru the computer! I sure hope that lou lou will be good with her, Dallin and Natalie look so good with her. Please let us know if you need ANYTHING. We love you!

Laura Jansson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy she is finally here! :) she is beautiful, and your kids look like naturals! :) I love the grandma story--she sounds adorable!

Garity said...

Welcome Brooklyn!
Ash, She's beautiful!

The Murdocks said...

what a beutiful baby Ashley, good job. I love the picture of her in the bright outfit. There is nothing better than a new baby and the way they smell. I am so happy for you and your family. Congrats! And we missed you at the farm, i was so glad to see Dallin and Nat though, what cute and nice kids you have.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ash! She is beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Hopefully someday we'll get to meet her.
It is possible Taj was on his way to the mall. Too bad the trees & electric box got in the way. Maybe next time he'll actually make it out of the culdesac.

Katy said...

WE LOVE BABY BROOKLYN!!!! she's beautiful and it was so nice to see her last week!! (oh and you guys count too! hahah)
i'll be getting my pictures of her up soon too... so keep checking!

Stacy James said...

This is Stacy, Cari's OTHER friend - ha ha! You checked me out, so I had to return the favor. I love your blog. I love the detail you put into your stories and your wit/humor. I can see why you and Cari get along so well. Sure hope we get to meet in person someday. Til then, we'll just keep on bloggin'! Adorable family, by the way.

Nikki said...

Ashley, soooo good to hear things are going well. Wish I could take some time and come see you. Sure miss having the late night girl talks. You have a great day and hope you are enjoying all the new fun things with the baby! Love Ya Nikki

Nikki said...

ok, a girls night up to your place sounds just GREAT!!! I'll get it in the works...talk to you soon..Nikki

Rach said...

Yea! I've been meaning to come and check out the photos. She is so adorable! Bebo was so excited about the new baby and was so cute with your kids at the farm (all the kids!) She kept pulling out fun stuff for them all to play with. My kids fell in love with her immediately! We missed you and hope to see beautiful Brooklyn soon.

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Glad everything went well!

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

What a beautiful girl. Glad everything went well!

Anonymous said...

Alright Ash! I'm ready for a new post....

Anderson Adventures said...

Congratulations!!!!! I just learned that you had her. Wow time flies. She is beautiful and I am so happy that everything went well. I will talk to you soon. We miss you guys.