**DISCLAIMER** I have tried and tried to format this post so the pictures look nice and neat and are aligned with the text, but I'm out of patience, and I'd rather be sleeping.....
As anyone who has experienced the joy of having a newborn in the house knows, all the days start to blur together and personally, I often have to concentrate to remember what day it is. The past 3 weeks since Brooklyn's arrival have been wonderful and difficult, exhilarating and exhausting. But I've realized exactly how lucky our family is. Between a constant stream of delicious meals and visits from friends, both sets of grandparents, a great-grandparent, an aunt, uncle and cousin, we have been truly spoiled. Only over the past 4 days have I had a true glimpse into life with 4 children. (And I've only had ONE total meltdown...a few close calls, but they don't count!)While we were in the hospital, mom and dad took Natty and Dallin to the Farm for a family reunion.
After they returned, my brother and sister-in-law and their beautiful baby girl and my grandma came to visit for a few hours...which wasn't nearly long enough, but it was SO appreciated- it took serious effort for all of them to get here! It was so, so, so fun to see all of them!! And did I mention my little niece is BEAUTIFUL and so flippin' sweet? (Katy-do you like how I leeched onto your post so I didn't have to write all about it??)Then Tim's parents were able to visit for about a week- it took serious effort for them to get here too---think airlines, canceled flights, and an unexpected hotel stay....you get the picture.... We didn't do anything extraordinary while they were here. (Unfortunately as good as I feel, I still get wiped out after an hour or two of running around). But we did get in some shopping and lit some firecrackers. Madison sat with her ears covered for 99% of the time saying "Ees yowd. Ees yowd." ("It's loud"). The boys (Tim and his dad) got the basement bathroom completed, and were just able to catch up and visit...we LOVED having them here! (I'm waiting for the blessing pictures with *them* in it so I can post them, but they're not on my camera...grrr).
Here are just a few random pictures that I've taken over the past few weeks.....
5 years ago






11 comments:
YESSSSSSS!!! I've totally been psyched and waiting for a Bingham update!!!! I love it, and I'm glad you linked part of it to our blog- makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!! I'm glad life is rolling at a good pace for you.. it seems completely daunting to me but you make it look like a breeze (not only that, but you also make it look FUN, crazy!)
I just LOVE your fam and can't wait to come out again (we're always looking at tickets)
Give BIG HUGS to ALL from T, Ava and I
Love ya
Ash I am very impressed with you. 4 kids & you're still blogging!!? But I'm with you on the stupid aligning pictures thing in the posts... it's too frustrating. No one will judge you, so no worries.
As usual your family is beautiful & I can't wait to someday meet them all. Congrats again!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your family is so BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you! Thank you for posting pictures! I love the updates! Ashly, you are an incredible mother! I hope to be like you some day!! I wish you all the best! PS - Sometimes I wonder what day is it? and I don't even have an infant & three kids! I am impressed! You are amazing!
my goodness, you've been busy! Hope you're getting some rest. I sure miss ya!
ASH!!!! Love all the pictures! Don't worry about the alignment thing...it drives me nuts too but it looks random and fun when I see it on your blog so now I won't be so critical with mine. Did that make any sense? I'm up way too late but the house is so quiet and I'm enjoying just being able to veg out in front of the 'puter. I'm glad you have updated! I know time is precious with a baby when you could be napping.
So sweet! Wow Dallin and Nattie both got your eyes!---Couldn't tell with Madison! You ARE the woman...I meltdown regularly with two sheesh! You got what it takes!
So fun and crazy to have a new baby in the family. She is beautiful and so are your photos.
since you asked we have a nikon d 80, which I do love, but it is on the big side and heavy so I still use my little cannon camera a lot! Now they have a Nikon d60 at costco, so if you're looking for a big camera I would recommend that.
hope that helps a little.
good luck.
Hello, you! I just wanted to say, WE haven't been screening calls-- been super crazy round these parts, trying to get things ready/packed in case we jet off to France soon.... it's all very hairy!
I'll be calling your RIGHT NOW, but I just wanted to say, Ava and I love listening to your playlist... we just turn it on and scurry around with great background music on. I am totally stealing the song, "crazy for you" by adele... or something like that, it's so cute!
Ashly, once again, you've made a BEAUTIFUL baby. I love the picture of her smiling up at Natty. I think it was my 4th child that prompted me to give up on keeping my house clean. We still haven't recovered. Better luck to you.
Ashly, I can't believe you have 4 kids they are DARLING!!! (I LOVE Brooklyn's name) congat's. I can barely handly my 3 kids Megan is a terror! It is amazing how life changes over the years. You all look so happy...Love Brooke
Your kids are so cute. I was just thinking today that I haven't seen you since your oldest was like 2. Crazy, that is way too long.
Post a Comment