Sunday, August 31, 2008

our little artists....

every once in a while I just don't care what kind of messes the kids get into--(actually, I *usually* don't care....things wash, right?) so I found some face paints at the store and let the kids go nuts---here's what they came up with---pretty, huh?!it did come off. but the pink stained a little bit. so did the blue. and the black. and the purple.

Natty had strep for the 5th time in 10 months. One more time in the near future and we'll be seeing an ENT specialist to see about having her tonsils out--she tried to bet me a milkshake that she'll need them out. I bet against her even though I have a nagging suspicion that she's right. Guess I better get my $2.00 ready to take her for a milkshake. Which reminds me of Better Off Dead..."$2.00....I want my $2.00"....remember that?? Still cracks me up!

And I have a brag-on-Dallin story now. His teacher told me they were out playing jump rope and a little girl was taking a turn- she missed the rope and was very embarrassed, so she ran off with her hands in her face, crying. Dallin ran over to her and put his arm on her back to make sure she was okay...I do love that boy.

Madison is 97% potty-trained. I'll spare the details, but let's just say: we're almost there! Can I get a "woo-woo"????? Her diapers have accounted for 10% of our budget it seems, so this is huge!

Brooklyn is sleeping 5-7 hour stretches at night now! Can I get a.....just kidding. I won't make you raise the roof twice in one post...although it's totally justified. GOOD TIMES.

12 comments:

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

Ashly,

You are so funny, I love reading your posts...you definitely know how to "relax" and have a good time with the kids!

Laura Jansson said...

Your kids are awesome :) I'll raise the roof more than once for them :)

Tiffany Gremmert said...

What fun kids. I am so glad you know the "I want my two dollars" bit from Better Off Dead because I have said that several times and some people just don't get.

Kristin said...

Yay for facepaint! How fun does that look?!? Makes me wish I was one of your kids.

And I remember the $2 bit from Better Off Dead too... does that say we are old, or young? ;)

angie said...

You are such a good mom. Sometimes I know I need to relax when it comes to getting dirty! A big raise the roof for potty training and sleeping long hours. Those are both BIG milestones, and sanity providers! Loved "Better Off Dead"!

mamasuisse said...

This reminds me of an episode of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" where she wouldn't let the kids use body paint because it left stains on her hands - the HORROR. You're an AWESOME mom to realize that messes do clean up and stains do fade . . . eventually! The pictures are awesome - who did Madison?

Alexis said...

you are too fun, i'll make a note to self not to by body paint or at least have them paint with it in clothes that I want to keep. Congrats with the potty training!! Maybe she will stop checking everyone else's diapers, you think?

Tadd & Linda said...

woo woo! woo woo! Only one left in diapers - what a lovely thought, huh?! The kids facepaints are darling.

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

I love the face paint! You are an AWESOME mom, I would be like..... a yeah... HECK No! Don't think so sista!

Garity said...

You get a double 'woo woo' for both! Potty training and sleeping through the night are worth the dear hubby taking you out on the town in my book...ok, maybe just taking you through the drive through for a vanilla cone at McD's but you know what I mean. Love the face paint idea. I am so with you when it comes to just letting the messes happen sometimes. I have been known to make a bowl of chocolate pudding, and vanilla pudding dyed different colors and put a child in the shower (we had those sliding glass doors on the bath tub) and let them go nuts 'finger painting'. If anything it makes for GREAT pictures and happy memories.

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the paints. I almost didn't recognize them!
On our trip my mom & I just kept cracking up at random moments about your kids rolling themselves in the syran wrap. Funny guys.
What a sweet heart Dallin is. I'm impressed. That's not a normal little boy.
So what's the potty training technique? It's time to buckle down & get it done with Taj.

Nikki said...

I will totaly give you 2 woo woo on those adventures, being a Mom has to take humor!! Good to hear about all you are up to and miss ya!