Wednesday, September 10, 2008

busy week.....

I am officially a big girl now. I have my own fall wreath that I actually made! See??And truthfully, my friend had all the stuff and helped me figure out how to put it together. But the point is, I started a project and *finished* it. I need to celebrate. It feels SO GOOD to complete a craft...maybe this will be the momentum I need to finish the 50 *unfinished* projects I have sitting in my closet....starting with the quilt I've been working on for 10 years. Literally.

Today we went to my good friend's house to check out the latest additions to her family:
Rhonda, L'il Red (Kendall), and baby sister due soon!:Daddy (Boomer):
Mommy (Rixie) and babies: (the "puppy train" as my kids called them)The kiddos enjoying the pups- aren't they CUTE??!
Rhonda and Ryan also have 2 pet longhorn cows that live out back...don't know what their names are, but they're toothless and they like apples, so the kids got to feed them a little treat...

9 comments:

angie said...

Way to go Ashley! Your wreath looks great. I never get to any of my project either. I figure, some day it will happen :) Darling puppies, too. My kids would be in heaven!

~ ThE RiChiNs KrEw ~ said...

Cute wreath... I WANT ONE!
We had such a great time having you and your family here. Harry and Larry (the longhorns)want more apples!

Katy said...

Alriiiiight!! my computer is better than ever, I'm so happy I'm back to "real blogtown USA" and rarin' to go!!! I missed your call today... I'll call you tomorrow (it's late- of course!)

Anyways, just wanted YOU to be the
VERY FIRST blog I commented on in over a MONTH and a HALF!!! you special thing, you

mamasuisse said...

Great job on the wreath! It's very cute, but the best part is definitely completing a project. I made a rule for myself that I can't start any new projects until I finish at least one from my closet. Needless to say, it's been a few years since I've started a new project.

So how many combined times did your kids ask for a puppy or a longhorn (!?!) of their very own?

Ashly said...

susan- I lost count after about 50- Natty kept saying "But Maaaawwwwmmmm, they're FREE! That's the best deal we've had in a long time!"
and actually, she's right ;)

Laura Jansson said...

I love the wreath! I should do something cool like that. But, like you, I still have projects unfinished, including a crosstich picture I started when I was a Beehive. :) Those puppies are so cute. I didn't know the Richins had longhorns! That's crazy! :)

Unknown said...

It would have been me wanting the puppy and then I WOULD have complained about having to take care of it---go figure (commenting on your Susan's comment)---good for you on completing something---wish I got that itch. Sounds like it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some big puppies!!!
Congrats on the wreath. It looks awesome.

Garity said...

I hear you about the finishing the projects thing...hate getting sidetracked. Loving the wreath, makes me feel like starting one myself but I'd never finish it!