Sunday, September 21, 2008

randomness...

Someone stop me. I'm afraid I'm just getting too crafty these days. I found a website that showed how to make origami bookmarks and now I just can't stop making them. They're so easy and cute, I don't lose them, and now I don't have to dog-ear my books as I read (speaking of which, I bought Wind in the Willows and Persuasion on Saturday. I can't wait to read W.i.t.W with Natty and Dallin- too difficult for Lou-lou to listen to) :









If you want to know how to make them, go here: 52books.blogspot.com/2006/01/how-to-make-simple-origami-bookmark.html

Here's my littlest angel with her gargantuan bow. Forgive me. I couldn't help it. And if you don't have enough websites to occupy your time, here are some fun blogs I follow:
http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/
http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/
http://www.fabulousfunfinds.blogspot.com/
http://orgjunkie.com/
http://simplemom.net/
http://theinspiredroom.net

11 comments:

angie said...

Beautiful little girl! So, how exactly do you make the book marks? I always just find some random piece of paper and use that, or I just have to memorize the page I left off on. You are so crafty!!

Tadd & Linda said...

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a while -- you've been blogging! Brooklyn looked DARLING today. I LOVE big bows. The bigger the better! And thank you for teaching Yardley how to make the bookmarks. I think she told me that she made 63 of them! Your wreath looks darling. Good for you completing it!

Katy said...

Ok, you're so devious by putting up great browse-for-just-a-few-minutes-that-turn-into-a-few-hours-while-Ava-goes-starving-for-attention-and-food sites on the blog!!!!

Awesome bookmarks, I'll definitely be doing some of those and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brooklyn's sweet baby girl face and I totally dig the giant bow! What an angel!!

oh, and I really really loved the site "fabulous finds" wow... gooooooood stuff!

mamasuisse said...

You have the prettiest babies. And bows that pick up satellite signals are the best.

Post instructions for the bookmarks, please. It looks like something I could maybe do from bed.

Unknown said...

oooh, what cool bookmarks!! warmly, -melanie-

Ben said...

Oh my goodness Ash! She's so big so fast! What a cute girl.
Those are cute bookmarks. I'm refusing to look though because the last thing I need is another obsession. For the time being I'll think how nice it would be to have one if I weren't so lazy right now.

Ben said...

Oops & this is Denae, not Ben. Sorry!

Brooke said...

Ashly, okay I made a bookmark for Abby then I had to make one for everyone in her class 28 in all but it was Fun.it was addicting. Brooklyn is so Adorable and I still have to put big bows in my 3 year old hair because she has no hair.-Brooke

Laura Jansson said...

those bookmarks are cool! And, I love the big bows! I think they are super cute!

Unknown said...

Very cool...but weren't you the one that I had to bribe with a soda to go to the craft fair in college with me....mmmhh...funny how the table turns! BTW--it's a bit confusing now that there are TWO Melanie's on here...I may have an identity crisis thing LOL!

The Murdocks said...

Your baby is sooo cute. I love the huge bow.