Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So tonight has been one of the best nights I can remember for a while. And I figured out why: I wasn't keeping one eye on the kids and the other eye on the clock making sure they were in bed by a fixed time. In fact, I didn't look at the clock once. (note to self: stop being such a time-nazi.) But that was only one reason this was such a good night; here was the other:As I was getting Brooklyn bathed, ready for bed and fed, Natty volunteered to make like a babysitter and put Dallin and Lou-lou to bed (they were having a slumber party in Lou's room since it's Fall Break). So she did- complete with reading stories and laying down with each of them. It was so calm and enjoyable, I had to capture the moment.

Here's something I never thought would come out of my mouth: "Now, where are those wire strippers?" Our *@#)(&% garage door is semi-broken and one of the wires on one of the sensors had snapped. Right then, I realized a couple of things: 1) I can't believe I even thought to look for wire strippers; #2) I can't believe I actually knew what to do with them. I believed I had a hidden talent. But alas- it did no good. Tim's job.

The other day, Beboo and Papa met the kids and I at Huber's Farm for some fall pumpkin fun- the kids picked a knucklehead pumpkin (I loved the name, so I would have bought the thing for the name alone), rode mini-tractors:

fed the animals:Lou-lou wasn't fond of the goats. They were crazy. Plus, they stunk. But dallin sure liked the baby goat.
Brooklyn had her 4-month check up today: 13lbs 11oz; 24 1/2". Croup is gone, ear infections are gone; only a little thrush issue, but will be gone within a couple days. We can't get our flu vaccinations soon enough!

10 comments:

mamasuisse said...

It's great when the older kids are finally old enough to be some help. It makes all the difference in the world. And that's hilarious that you went looking for the wire strippers, even if it didn't do any good. Way to go for the attempt!

Brooklyn is beautiful. I love her smile.

mamasuisse said...

Oh yea, what in the heck is a knuckle head pumpkin?

angie said...

Your kids are getting so big. They are so cute! How far do your parents live from you? I love fun fall activities :)

Kristin said...

What a fun day! And your kids are all so adorable. Brooklyn has the sweetest baby smile!

Jessie said...

Natty is such a good big sister. I love that she thought to help you out. I am 25 and still don't think of that with my mom all the time. I can't believe Brooklyn is getting so big. I wish I could have hung out and chatted more at church. We will have to get together sometime. Is there a way you could send me your address so we can get you guys an invite to Meg's wedding? Not sure if a blog comment is the place for that but there is anyway.

Karie said...

How cute is that?!?! Your kids are so cute, don't you love it when they play so well together?

Hey, good job for attempting to fix something. I always try and fail, but I believe that one of these times I will get lucky!

Miss you!

Alexis said...

You've got to love Huber Farms! And I love the picture of all your kids, so sweet. You're doing a great job raising great kids!

Katy said...

the pic of the kids in bed together makes my heart just explode!!! I love these kids- and how awesome that Nattie is so great to take over for the night!! (send her my way!) fun pictures at the farm!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to leave a comment for days Ash, but for some reason it was acting all weird & wouldn't let me!!! Anyway, I'm relieved to be able to finally.
I love your music. Usually my computer's on mute, but it wasn't the other day & whenever I'd come to your page Taj would get so excited & start dancing. So catchy.
I can't believe how old Brooklyn is getting so fast! So adorable! And how sweet that all the kids enjoy playing together. You deserve a nice break.
I am super impressed that you new that about the wire cutters. I am 100% sure I would have been baffled what to do & that I never would have thought "where are the wire cutters?"
How sweet your daddy took the kids to the farm!

Maren said...

I think I know that "Grandpa" =) I love your parents and am so glad they are in my little part of the world! Your kids are seriously gorgeous!