Sunday, October 26, 2008

party time!!!!



Luckily, Natty is our only child whose birthday falls anywhere close to a major holiday (Halloween). Because it makes planning her party a little tricky trying to coordinate with all the major goings-on between school/church/community. Sooooo... even though her birthday isn't until Wednesday, we had her party this past Friday. We were on Fall Break, so I decided to have her "friend party" while Tim was at work, and then we will just have our family party on her actual birthday. Needless to say, about 5 hours before the 7 girls arrived, I starting pacing the floor wondering, "What in tarnation was I THINKING doing this by myself" considering I also had Dallin and his little friend from across the street, Brooklyn, and Lou-lou (equivalent to 5 children). But, turns out I was acting the martyr for nothing because it was actually went relatively well (aside from one little drama queen...excuse me, "little friend", who claimed as she was leaving that "this was the worst time [she'd] had in her entire [8 year, ungrateful, little] life.) I digress.
The girls had a ball- they made their own pizzas (rolled the dough and everything): decorated aprons to take home: did the typical cake-and-ice-cream thing, and Natalie is now the proud owner of every Littlest Pet Shop animal available on this good green earth. (She is in LPS Heaven).
So, we all survived, and even had a good time. Tomorrow I'm taking Dallin in to the Dr. because I think he's got strep-throat, but that's another post...

7 comments:

angie said...

Don't you love other people's children sometimes? It looks like you had a great time! Happy birthday, Nat!

Katy said...

Oh my goodness, both T and Ava came running in here just now wondering why I was CRACKING UP!!! Hilarious post, I don't know, I just can perfectly imagine that little sassy girl spouting off and your face: mixed with eye rolling, a little peevish grunt and then shooing her out the door.... oh man, I'm wiping the tears away...

Great birthday party- you sure know how to throw em (gave me some great ideas) Give Nattie an extra long hug for us tonight!!

The Murdocks said...

Where did you get the aprons to decorate? Sammie would think that would be so much fun. Good Job!

mamasuisse said...

It's taken me a few days to comment because it gives me a headache just looking at the pictures. I'm sure it was fun for the girls - great job! I'm glad you survived.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed Ash! That's some serious devotion. Cute, cute, cute though. Happy birthday Natti! Do you need me to take out that little girl? She needs a little talking to.

Kristin said...

Wow! You are one cool mom.

KarenB said...

Ha ha! That is so funny that their parties were so similar! Too bad we don't live near each other so we could've just combined them :-) I ca't believe you did it on your own though, I had to have Bill and my mom there to help me or I would've gone crazy. The hardest part was the friendship bracelets. I don't know what I was thinking! I'm so glad you blog so we can stay in touch better.