First and foremost- I forgot to give my top 5 reasons I love Natty. (It was her birthday a week ago, and true-to-form- I'm late with my tribute post) Anyway-
*She is one of the most creative girls I've ever known- she reminds me so much of my mom and Tim, both- (think: bubble wrap butterfly, using skeins of yarn to make spiderwebs through the house, making "workbooks" for Madison and Dallin as they play school, etc.)
*She is so smart- I still remember her being barely 4 years old and I was sitting with Dallin on the side of the pool with our feet hanging in the water. Natty starts swimming towards us very slowly saying, "I'm coming to *ANTAGONIZE* you...." . And her vocabulary has increased significantly the past 5 years :)
*She is the peacemaker in our home and with her friends at school.
*She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right
*She is truly our "Angel Girl".
We love you, Natty! For her birthday, we were also lucky enough to have one of our favorite visitors:
My grandmother, Sammie came to visit for a couple of days. The kids LOVE getting to see "Simmie" (as lou-lou calls her), and naturally, so do I. A friend was kind enough to watch Madison for a few hours while the older 2 were in school, so Sam and I went shopping for shoes, clothes, and fabric (what else, for those of you who know Sammie :) She can shop circles around me), and then to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was so nasty.
Psych.
I wish we could see her more often.
After she left, the Halloween festivities began (Trunk or Treat at church on Thursday, then Trick or Treating the next night). Natty was a mummy (if we ever repeat that costume, we'll have to find a way to secure the bandage wrappings, because they kept falling off and by the time they were 3 houses down, her costume consisted of gray leggings, a white shirt, and a smile on her face. she still got candy. Dallin was a boxer with a black eye. Lou-lou- a princess, and Brooklyn was a bunny. She wouldn't hold still, so her pink nose turned into a smudge all over her nose and cheek... whatevah.
Before:After:
Do you think the sugar had kicked in? B-O-I-N-G!!!!!
In other non-related news: Tim fixed the sink I broke, with much help from Lou-And I've decided that the Bumbo is one of the coolest inventions. Brooklyn *loves* being able to sit up and watch all the action. Actually, I think she just got sick of Lou-lou using her bouncy seat as a baby-catapult (cause and effect is huge for 3 year olds, apparently), but regardless- she loves her Bumbo:
5 years ago






9 comments:
I'm glad you said that about the Bumbo. I've been wondering whether or not to get one, and when to get it. When did Brooklyn start to use it? Cami is 4 months, and she loves to sit and stand with support...
How fun to go shopping with Sammie! We love Sammie also. What a beautiful girl your Nat is! I wish you guys had been to the farm...it has been way to long since we've seen your family! Next time!
Post a video clip of the baby catapult please. Thank you.
Natty's 4 year old vocabulary was truly frightening. I loved the stories we'd always hear from Sammie about her.
Praise the Bumbo! I was so sad I didn't have one for the first 2 kids! Best purchase I ever made.
Thanks for the updates!
Whooooo HOOOOO!!! I'm back online... meaning my face is aglow, smiles abound and life is miraculously shot back into our dark dungeon of a home once again! Praise be.
You are truly and honestly one of my top 3 bloggers... that's saying a lot (i'm 76 posts behind in just one week)... but you were my first go-to! Love love love the pictures! Great costumes, wish we were there and lemme add my two cents on my favorite oldest niece:
Natty is a total gem. Really. I've yet to meet another gal who is as QUICK (book smarts and witty) as she is. Also, her uncanny ability to command the attention of all peers around her... natural born leader- but still incredibly compassionate and sweet- this we saw in abundance at the Farm. Natty is someone who I'm sooo proud to call my Niece, and one day I'll be proud to call her a VERY good friend also- we love you NattyJane and want the best of the BEST for you, Love!
Love, Aunt Katy and Uncle T
How sweet! Baby Brooklyn is getting big! (Not as big as my chunky monkey though:)) Love to hear how you and the kiddos are doing. They're all soooo cute!
KynnLee has never been a big fan of the Bumbo, I think it hurt her tummy because she has reflux. She would spit up the whole time she was in it. Now she's just too chubby for it, her little chubber legs get stuck!
LOVE the Halloween costumes! Good job on that! I love it when little girls (Natty) go for the scary costumes! Funny!
Luv Kar
Man Dallin looks like your brothers. Amazing how old the kids get so fast. Nattie is 9! She sounds like sweetheart. Wish we lived closer to see her more. Sammy is amazing. I hope I have 1/2 her energy when I get her age.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH! I have been thinking about you all day! I didn't forget! WOW 34---we've known each other 22 years now! Are we old or what?!!!
Post a Comment