I was tagged by a friend to give 10 honest things about myself. Frankly, "honest things" is just code for "freak flags", but if you're curious, here I go...
1)I don't like sarcasm. I used to think it was funny and a valuable skill to have. Now I just think it's mean and not a particularly creative form of humor.
2)I like predictability and as such, I like being on time, HATE being late; and once a plan has been made, it stresses me out when things change at the last minute-even if i'm the one to change the plans ;)
3)I prefer small gatherings to big groups.
4)I love learning new things- still.
5)I love shoes in theory, but prefer to go barefoot 9 times out of 10.
6)I don't like things that hop, fly or jump. (except dogs. they jump and it doesn't bother me. cats, grasshoppers, crickets, moths, frogs, birds, bats....forgetaboutit...YUCK.) and speaking of cats....when they rub up against me I have to concentrate so I don't shudder...in fact, the other day Tim and I were at a member of the bishopric's and one of his cats jumped up on my lap. He asked me if I liked cats and *I lied right to his face and said, "Oh yeah, they don't bother me"* Do I need to go back and tell him I lied? I can picture it now..."Um...Brother _____, I'm really sorry, but as far as cats go, your pets really are quite pretty, but I *can't STAND* them...especially when they jump on me and expect me to pet them....I just really didn't want to hurt your feelings."..... I'm thinking I'm going to just let that one slide.... moving on.
7)If I had a day all to myself, I would spend 70% of it in a bookstore- Preferably Joseph-Beth Bookstore in Lexington- a 2-story slice of heaven.
8)Now that I'm a little older and hopefully a little wiser, I realize that my parents were right about 97% of the time, and I'm glad they knew it.
9)Apparently, I like statistics.
10)I get a lot of good ideas- but sometimes have a hard time following through with them...I think I'm getting better, but I just get distracted so eas.....
I tag Darla, Garity, Denae, Angie, Liz, Michelle and Susan....and anyone else who wants to play...
5 years ago






8 comments:
I love things like this... your 10 things are awesome (particularly the cat scene, hilarious!) If we ever have a full day just to ourselves... I'd love to spend that day at the bookstore with you.
I will have to think on that one. I do really HATE cats though. Chase used to pray for a cat until I finally just laid it on the line...we will never have a cat, because mommy does not like them. Great list!
What a fun post - your writing is so clever & fun to read. I'll try not to let that intimidate me when I write my own list.
I think that you need to confess :-) He probably could tell that you didn't like them and that is why he asked. I don't like cats either. Thanks for playing!
Cats are pure evil. Can I just copy and paste your list? We have very similar freak flags.
Okay, done come see what a freak I am! I loved your 10!
I'm with you on 3, 4 & 5 for sure! I'm scared though... I've got to think about this one...
Who would have thought you ---small groups? Wow--don't we all change over the years. I am impressed about the on time thing--I am like that for a lot of things---unfortunately I really struggle with church---no matter what time we are supposed to start!
Post a Comment