Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pop Quiz.....

No cheating.
#1) How much does it cost to have a votive candle removed from a toilet?
#2) What happens when a 4 year old swallows a computer screw?
#3) How long does it take to get a 2 year old's head unstuck from in between stair banisters?
The answers in a moment....

As I'm sitting here typing, I've gotta say I am F.D.H. (fat, dumb and happy). This afternoon a friend watched Madison and Natty while I took Dallin to register for Kindergarten. When I picked them up, I smelled something yummy and commented, "Your house smells SO good! What have you been cooking?" She said, "Oh! I made bread! Do you want a loaf?" I said, "Okay!" WHERE IS MY CENSOR!?? I didn't even pause and politely pretend I didn't want it. Zero control. Zero shame. Then I tried to backpedal, and say "Oh, you just made it! Keep it!" But sweetheart that she is, she wouldn't let me retract my offer. So I just got done eating the best tasting toasted homemade bread I've had in ages. It was as good as my mom's, which is saying a lot! I am a *lucky* girl :) Saturday Natty and Dallin were outside and they planted a tree:Do you think it will grow? Natty tied some dead leaves onto it so it would look "real". I've gotta say my kiddos are creative, and pretty dang funny if you ask me!

So the answers to the pop quiz are:
#1) $150

#2) I'll let you know. So far, nothing bad.
This morning's conversation between Dallin and I:
D: I don't feel like going to preschool today.
M: You don't? Why not?
D: I just swallowed Dad's 'puter screw.

Sweet.

#3) Luckily only about 2 minutes. (but Madison was madder than a wet hen until she got free)

4 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Oh my goodness! You are a super mom... I'm sure my day will come with computer screws and banisters... LOL. Glad it's all ok in the end :)

Katy said...

so freakin hilarious, ash!!! i'm cracking up so hard right now! i can just imagine all the fun things you get to do all day, then I stop and remember, hey- I'M gonna get to pry heads out from between railings and wait impatiently for tools to get pooped out!!! yay! love it love it love it and most of all love you

mamasuisse said...

Your pop quiz made me laugh so hard. Ouch on all three of them!

So, are you digging through his poo to see if he passes the screw? Sounds like a job for daddy. It only takes about a day.

Tadd & Linda said...

I knew the banister one -- been there, done that! I think I'd buy a new screw though rather than "wait" for the old one. Ewwww. You're so hilarious.