We have a ditch out in our front yard that our driveway lays over- so there's a pipe going underneath. And in this pipe lives a frog (or possibly a family of frogs...). The kids like to look for the frog(s), and sometimes they're able to catch it. That counts as a pet.
This is my conversation with Natalie as she came in the other day:
Natty: Can I have some string to use outside?
Me: Yep- it's in the drawer.
Natty: Thanks. (2 minutes later she comes back in...) We'll be right back. We're taking the frog for a walk.
Me: Huh??????
It's softball season and even as recently as 2 weeks ago, Natalie wasn't enjoying it. She really, really, really disliked it. BUT...now the games have started and (gratefully) she's decided the games are quite fun. I'd forgotten about all the "chattering" (heckling, taunting, etc.) that goes on, and it's kind of fun watching these girls cheering each other on. N is the smallest, youngest, and least-experienced, but she's catching on. The other day she got hit when she was up to bat, but her response was, "Huh....that wasn't so bad." (phew...)
The other day at the ballpark it was pretty cold, so I had the kids bundled up. 2 people on separate occasions remarked that this one looked like a baby gorilla...
...be that as it may, isn't she a *cute* gorilla???
And finally....just when I'm convinced that my children are literally incapable of being nice to each other, they prove me wrong...
And that's why I love them so much...
5 years ago






6 comments:
I. LOVE. THOSE. KIDS.
Love them.
the frog, the softball, the gorilla, and the hugging.... all make me the happiest Aunt out here!! Too cute!
ps GREAT pics (lovin' the camera!)
I can't tell if I'm laughing harder at the frog on a leash or at those nasty shoes.
And that is the cutest gorilla I've ever seen!
That's definitely the cutest gorilla I've ever seen!
Beautiful kids! I love the frog...my kids would think that was great!
The frog story is hilarious. And darling.
That frog story is hiliarious. I wonder how they got the frog to hold still long enough to get a string around him.
Post a Comment