Six years ago...this little guy:
earned the nickname (or "knick-knack name" as he and Natty call it) Sweet Cheeks.
I wish there was such thing as Sense-o-rama for internet usage (note to self: invent that.) because this nickname didn't come about per chance. Dallin literally has the softest, sweetest smelling cheeks on the face of the planet. I could not stop kissing them when he was a baby....
And even now...
luckily, he still lets me smooch on them.
You know how, as parents, each child sort of manages to hold a special place in your heart for different reasons? Dallin is my only little boy. So I can say he's my favorite son with no reservations. In some ways, he is the stereotypical boy- he tends to play rough, even with his sisters.., he can display some impressive temper tantrums, he gravitates towards sports, cars, etc.. but he's also a softhearted little guy.
*When he was little and I'd sing I am a Child of God he used to cry. For a while I thought it was just because I'm such an atrocious singer, but when I'd sing other things he'd smile or sing along...plus, I noticed at church if they'd be singing it, he'd tear up and cry then as well.
*A lot of times when I lay down with him at bedtime, he'll be very quiet. But after about 5 minutes, he'll say something or ask me a question about something that had gone on earlier that day or even earlier in the week.
*When I go to see him at school he's unashamed and always runs up for a hug and kiss in front of all his friends, and is still anxious to hold my hand through the hallways. I'm sure that won't last forever, but since he just barely turned six, I'm just going to bask and revel in it....
Happy birthday Sweet Cheeks! We love you :)
5 years ago






8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sweet Cheeks!
What a sweetie. Savor it. When Matthew was in 1st grade, he'd blow hugs and kisses to me when I dropped him off at school. The next year, when I blew a hug and kiss to him, he gave me this look like, "Do I know you?!" Broke my heart. I think I'll go remind him of that now.
Happy Birthday, Dallyboy!!! We sure do love you so much... you're the best little guy and we are so thankful for you! I love how you're so sweet and helpful with Ava... she really took to you so easily, it's because you're trustworthy!
Can't wait to see you again, kiddo!
ps. Ash, busted, i'm TOTALLY gonna invent the Sense-O-Rama... that's just what happens when you post your bright ideas on this thingy-- watch me make my billions, baby
He sounds like a Sweet Heart!
Happy Birthday
What a sweet nickname & what a sweet boy! Happy Birthday Dallin!
Oh I love the softness of baby cheeks! I am right there with you!
Jamison is just about at that age where he's getting ticked when I smooch on his so I guess that's good timing for this next one to be born! The other 2 are at the "just give me a high-five mom...please?"
What beautiful thoughts about him. Happy Birthday to Dallin!
Brooklyn really has grown, from when she was a new born and now.
Post a Comment